June 15

Our computer is making me crazy. I'll have to type this post quickly and hope it doesn't freeze up or shut down on me. It's taken me 2 hours to get this far. :(

Caleb was a little crabby today.
He woke up from his (3-hour!) nap in a funk.

Luckily, I had a surprise for him. His GREAT Aunt Maggie sent a gift for his new big boy bed. (Fittingly enough, when he woke from his nap, I heard him over the monitor saying, "Big boy bed! Big boy bed!") 
It was a Cardinals pillow! She knows just what he likes.

As he explored the pillow, his funk slowly melted away.

Soon he was rolling and tumbling all over the pillow. Chris said that at bedtime, Caleb was hugging it and giving the cardinal kisses.

Meanwhile, Daisy (who was decked out in an adorable pair of ruffled faux-denim bloomers!!) laughed at her brother's antics.

After dinner, my boys sat on the couch together (Caleb instructed Chris: "Daddy, sit on pillow.") and played the blinking game and laughed. I think this is one of my new favorite photos of the two of them.

While Chris gave Caleb a bath and put him to bed, I bathed Daisy and enjoyed some quality time with her. She was fresh and clean and yummy and we snuggled and cooed and smiled and sang (and nursed. Always with the nursing.). I'm loving this late-evening sunlight that you can see in the picture, except for the fact that Caleb's 7:00 bedtime goes out the window when the sun is shining until 8:45. But 8:00 isn't such a bad bedtime, so we'll be fine.

1 comment:

  1. loooove that he liked the pillow. it was kind of a BIG pillow for a little boy bed but hoped that it worked. and the pic of daisy is absolutely adorable. what baby is THAT cute that early???? sooo sweeeet. you do such a great job!

    ReplyDelete