June 1

Happy June!

We celebrated the first real summer month by playing in the water today. (I use the term "we" very loosely; I sat on the periphery and supervised, Daisy slept in the shade, and Caleb played in the water.)

I was really excited to introduce Caleb to the joys of running through the sprinkler.

Caleb, however, wasn't so keen on the idea.

"You want me to do what, now? I don't think so!"
Eventually I gave up on the sprinkler and just let him play with the hose. He helped out by watering my vegetables. A lot.

Then he ate some dirt. Why not?

Two things I did not teach him:
eating dirt
drinking from the hose

It must be some innate part of the boy brain that leads to dirt-eating and hose-drinking and all of those other boy things.

Meanwhile, our little flower lounged in the shade.

She's four weeks old today, you know. Our midwife came today to check on both of us. We're both doing great, and (thankfully) she weighed Daisy, but not me.

8 pounds, 12 ounces!

I was hoping, hoping, hoping she'd be 8 pounds, 8 ounces. That would mean that she'd gained a pound beyond her birth weight. But instead, we got 8 pounds, 12 ounces! Which means she's gained 19 ounces in 15 days. Victory! I weighed her again at Babymoon later in the day, and she was only 8 pounds, 10 ounces, but I think we're still winning.


"That's right, Ma. I'm a bruiser. And it's all muscle. Check out these big guns."

"Don't you mess with me!"

"8 pounds, 12 ounces? Take that, crummy pediatrician! I don't need to eat bottles! I nurse like a champ! Now whatcha gonna say?"

We have an appointment to meet a new pediatrician tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment