June 14

I was about to complain about how tired I am.
I decided not to do that. You can thank me later.

At least Daisy is well-rested.
I chose to skip a nap today because I was feeling so energetic at naptime. I know. I'm a fool.

We ate dinner early and had time for playtime on the patio. Caleb got to eat the first grape tomato of the season. Do you remember how much he loved the tomatoes last year? I wrote about it here. And here. Let's hope for a whole summer full of tomato-eating.

Chris and I were feeling silly, so we played a trick on Caleb. Every day, Caleb looks in vain for ripe strawberries in our garden. Since strawberries are in much greater abundance at Aldi than they are in our garden, we placed a few store-bought strawberries in among our strawberry plant.


Then we brought Caleb out. 
"Red strawberry?"

"Ooohhhh! Green leaf! Green leaf!"
(Do you remember that he had a nightmare about green leaves last week?)

The strawberry joke didn't turn out as fun as we thought it would. Eventually we had to persuade Caleb to brave the green leaves to grab a strawberry. He wasn't that excited.

But the strawberries got eaten, and then we had ice cream.
All's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment