June 19

Happy Father's Day!

Last year, I wrote a post gushing about what a great Daddy Chris is, and how blessed we are to have other great dads in our lives. I would really like to repeat that sentiment, but I'm exhausted. Can you just go here and read it and understand that we still love them that much?

This year, we got a little selfish and claimed the whole day for Chris. I have to say, it was pretty fantastic. First (and I hesitate to even type this because I don't want to jinx it), Daisy slept through the night. From 10:00 last night to 5:20 this morning. I swear, when I woke I heard angels singing. It was probably just a fluke, but I'm praying it wasn't. Seven straight hours of sleep is pretty fantastic, friends.

Breakfast was Chris' choice - chocolate chip waffles and bacon. After breakfast, presents. 
Caleb gave Chris a book about the history of the Cardinals. As you can tell, Caleb was pleased with his choice of gift!

Later, we went to the Cardinals game! 
The last time we saw Fredbird, Daisy was in my belly! Now she's strapped to my chest. (Don't worry - her head doesn't always bob about like that. I just popped it out for the photo.)

It was hot, but not too hot. We actually stayed for the whole game, and the Cardinals won!

Daisy spent most of her first Cardinals game lounging on my lap. She wasn't too impressed with the action on the field.

In fact, she actually fell fast asleep on my lap for a solid 45 minutes!

After the game, Caleb saw the St. Louis Arch from the parking lot. He insisted we visit it. "Go see Arch! Go see Arch!" So we did. Why not?

However, Caleb grew timid once we got there. I sat under a shady tree to nurse Daisy while Chris took Caleb to explore the arch.

I'm telling you - Daisy and I love to lounge in the shade!

She had a pretty nice view, though. It's hard to believe that with all of the Cardinals games Caleb has been to, this was his first visit to the Arch!

My little family.



By the time I tried to take this picture, it was nearly dinner time and Caleb wilting from the heat and sheer exhaustion. Of course he wasn't cooperative.  

My favorite thing to say about Chris? I married him because I knew he'd be a good Daddy.

I just had no idea he'd be THIS good.

The kids and I are so blessed. Happy Father's Day, Chris! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment