June 21

It was a rainy day today.
The kind of day where you wake to raindrops on the windowpanes and wet streets, but don't see any drops falling.
The kind of day where it clears up and the sun is shining, so you go for a walk, only to be attacked by a surprise cloudburst of big, fat droplets.
The kind of day where your kid asks repeatedly to go outside and you repeatedly tell him no, until you realize that he has a perfectly good raincoat and he won't melt.
And so you tell him yes.

I just think this photo is funny.
(Pardon the unfavorable angle - I was sitting on the top step, with Daisy on my lap, trying to keep both us and my camera dry. Surprisingly, it worked!)

Caleb learned a new phrase today - Japanese beetle. There was one swimming in his water table.

He clearly has picked up on, and shares, his father's attitude toward them.
Yuck.

So he got a cup and tried to scoop it out. I'm not sure how, exactly, but somehow he was successful.

When the rain stopped, he looked adorable in his denim overalls.
(Am I the only one who's a sucker for this look? Love it.)

As usual, Daisy napped in the shade. She's very helpful like that.

A full-length view of her nap spot. I promise, I'm sitting right there with a hand on her belly most of the time. Once she starts wiggling, we'll have to find a better place for naps.

Our funny little boy.
The end.

1 comment: