February 9

As I was puttering around the kitchen this morning, these two children ran - or should I say, "flew"? - into the room.

They were being superheroes, and this was their "tough" look.

Doesn't that red lei over submarine jammies scream "tough" to you?

I love how the goggles make her face look all misshapen...

They were "flying" up and down the long hallway, which was really hilarious. Sadly, I only got this one picture of it and you can't really even tell. But Daisy was right on his heels, arms out, flying with him. I love those two, and I love how cooperative and collaborative their imaginative play has become!

Eventually, we got dressed, went to church. It was bake sale Sunday at church, raising money for a playground for our children's ministry. Of course, we had to partake. The kids were thrilled!
Caleb chose a chocolate-covered, sprinkle-dipped Oreo on a stick. He was quite pleased with his choice.

After a bit of nudging from me, Daisy chose a bear-shaped Rice Krispy Treat. (I was trying to help her pick something gluten-free...)
She was so happy with it! First, she ate its arms and legs, then its "hair" (does it have hair?), then its ears... Funny girl.

After church, we visited Costco, ate lunch, and put the kids down for naps. Then my wonderful mom came over to hang out while the kids slept so that Chris and I could go on a date. We didn't do anything exciting - a trip to a thrift store, then the mall, where we found some great deals and had some soup and coffee. Nice.

Date picture. It was snowing. Behind us is "snow mountain".

We returned home to find Lily awake, but the big kids still sleeping. When they finally woke up, we had some block time.

Look at Lily. She can hardly believe that she's actually being allowed to play with the blocks!

Caleb loves helping her. He is such a good big brother!

While I made dinner, Chris let the big kids watch "Air Mater". As I worked in the kitchen, I could hear Daisy's commentary and she was cracking me up! 
"Whoa, Mater! Mater is funny!"
She was totally into it.
Finally I grabbed my camera and headed in to capture some of her expressions.






These kids are too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment