February 13

Caleb is back to 100%, and went to preschool today excited for his Valentine's Day party. I found valentines at the Dollar Store for him. At first, I had lofty ideas of him hand-making valentines for all sixteen of his classmates, but as we worked on them I realized that if it was going to get done before April, I'd have to do it. 
Ain't nobody got time for that.
So I picked up two packs of valentines for a dollar each - one Star Wars set, and one that folded into paper airplanes. He loved them both, so he took two sets of valentines to school today.

When the girls and I returned from dropping Caleb off at school, Tigerlily (the cat) was skulking in the hallway. Usually she spends most of her time hiding, but she's been a bit friendlier lately. Daisy was really excited, and got down on her hands and knees.
"Meow, Tigerlily! Meow!"
She crawled all the way down the hallway, trying to communicate with the cat.
(Please avert your eyes from the circa-1968 linoleum and half-painted base boards that were exposed when we ripped up the ratty old carpet. We're hoping to fix that before our children hit puberty. Maybe. Also, ignore the shreds of carpet and padding still remaining in our closets. We're just too lazy to figure out how to remove the closet doors to tear out the carpet.)

"I'm meowing because I'm a kitty! I'm wearing my kitty hat!"
And she was. I didn't realize it until she said it, but Daisy was crawling and meowing and chasing the poor cat because she really thought that her kitty hat might cause Tigerlily to mistake her for a real cat. Too funny!

Later, Emily and her younger two boys came over to stay with my two girls so that I could take in a special snack for Caleb's Valentine's day party. 
I love that Lily and Jace are only three days apart - it makes playdates so much fun!

A house full of toys, and the kids prefer trash!
Well, it's not really trash. I found an empty tissue box (see yesterday's post re: why we might have empty tissue boxes in our house), and so I filled it with little squares of scrap fabric so that Lily (and Daisy) could experience the joy of emptying a tissue box over and over and over and over and over again, without wasting anything.
But somehow, the babies didn't realize that the box was upside down, and they were missing the fun part. 
Silly babies.

Caleb's party was fun. I arrived while his class was watching Cosmic Yoga, so he didn't notice me. But someone did something funny, and I laughed a little too loudly, and he recognized my laugh, and wow - I got the stink-eye! He was so annoyed at me! Luckily I redeemed myself with a stellar snack. (Our contribution was the fruit and yogurt parfaits, not the sugar cookies or the juice boxes.)

When the party was over, Caleb was so excited to go home and play with Max! Right away, Caleb realized that he and Max had the same rain boots, so he ran to put his on so that they would match.
Then he realized that he and Max also had matching hoodies from Grandpa, so he put his on.
Then he suggested I take a picture of him matching with his cousin.

That boy knows how to make his mama happy!

Aren't they cute?

Caleb wanted to do a silly-face picture, but Max missed that part.

There - two silly boys in matching boots and hoodies. How funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment