February 11

Today was puke-free, and for that I am grateful. Caleb seems to be back to his normal self, and I'm praying that the rest of us have either already had this bug or that it passes over us.

Since going out with a possibly-sick boy was out of the question, today became Do-Nothing Tuesday. I am spoiled.

We started the day by making some banana chocolate chip muffins. Daisy and Lily wanted to help, but Caleb preferred to play.
Since we were putting bananas in the muffins, Daisy decided she also wanted to eat a banana.
And then Lily was reaching and grabbing for Daisy's banana, so I cut up some pieces for her.
And now we have sisters on the counter eating bananas together. I love it.

I naively optimistically put Lily's banana spears into a bowl for her.
Look at her expression. She's clearly thinking, "Really, Mom? You really think this will be all neat and tidy and bananas-stay-in-the-bowl? Are you new at this?"

*sigh*

But look at how pleased she is with her mess!

Oh, sweet baby. You can dump bananas and smear them on the counter and into your jammies any time you want. (Side note: it is best to wipe up the smears immediately; they're a beast to clean up later. You know, because this isn't my first time around this block.)

No comments:

Post a Comment