February 4

Last night, I was feeling pretty comfortable with Lily's sleep.

Tonight, the only conclusion I can come to is that she hates me and she wants to see me suffer, or she's defective. It's rough.

But I'm not going to waste even more energy complaining about it. Let's talk about today!

The girls and I dropped Caleb off at preschool and headed to the Y so that I could exercise. Sadly, we go there and discovered that their childcare area was at capacity, and it would be at least 20 minutes until they could maybe get us in.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
So we headed to my mom's house instead, and spent the morning with her. It didn't burn any calories, but it sure was fun!
Lily enjoyed some quality time with Grandma and Willie.

We left just in time to pick Caleb up from school, and headed home for lunch and naps. By the time we got home, Lily had been awake for three and a half hours, and should have been exhausted, fussy, and ready to nap.

Instead, she looked like this:
Why was she so happy?
Because she just learned how to clap!

See? Lily clapping!

What? You want video? Of course you want video!

Isn't she brilliant?
My baby is the clapping-est clapper that ever clapped. 
Okay, so really it's a 7-month skill, which means she's a little bit ahead. But when she started doing it, I didn't know that and I thought I might have a baby genius on my hands. I mean, clearly the girl is talented.
(She's also talented at not sleeping and driving her mama to exhaustion, but I'm not talking about that.)

Also, it snowed today. It was supposed to be another Snowmageddon, but it didn't really turn out to be that bad. Still, Chris left work fifteen minutes early because he was concerned about the drive home.
The children anxiously waited at the window for Daddy's arrival!

I made the mistake of giving Caleb this book light last night because he was afraid to walk down the dark hallway. Now he's obsessed with it.

When he realized we could take pictures like this with it, he became even more obsessed.

At dinner, we gave Lily some steamed broccoli with butter for the first time.
She loved it!

Then she was a little grossed out by it.

And then she promptly forgot her disgust and began eating it again.
Man. It's hard work being a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment