February 8

I worked the ACT this morning, so I was up and out the door by 7 am. Chris and the kids had a fun morning, though! There was a special event at the Butterfly House, so my brave husband took all three kids out in public by himself. Luckily, he took some pictures for me.

I'm not sure why a still-in-his-jammies Caleb has a beer bottle cap in his hand, but he sure was happy about it!

Lily still refuses a bottle, but she seemed pretty happy with a sippy cup of breast milk. Chris also had luck using a straw to drip milk into her mouth, dropper-style.
(Also, I love that he pulled out the bib she's wearing. Lily is definitely the star of Mommy's blog!)

Daisy was dressed and ready to go to the Butterfly House... 
wearing her new swim goggles... 
with her sunglasses on top...

Oh, my. I guess Caleb wore his goggles, too?

Daisy reported to me later that no butterflies landed on her shirt. She was quite disappointed.

Lily, however, appears to have been pleased with everything!

When I got home at 1:30, Chris had all three children down for naps - at the same time! Maybe I should leave more often? He's pretty good at this. 
When Lily woke up from her nap,she was happy, happy, happy! 
Happy to see me (and nurse a bit), happy to see Daddy, and happy to have her picture taken. Can you believe that she just looked right at the camera and grinned? That never happens!

I guess I should rephrase that: it never happens if Daddy's not involved.

Then Chris wanted to take a picture of me with Lily. Lily was briefly smiley and entertained,

But then she started chewing on my necklace,

and all of her smiles were gone. Silly girl.

After dinner, we put the kids in their jammies and headed out to do some wild Saturday-night grocery shopping. It was quite exciting.

I sewed the other half of my tablecloth wrap into a ring sling, and it's perfect for quick trips or for wearing Lily without having to take off my coat.

My shopping partners! The kids were so excited to drive the "rocketship cart" with Daddy. Life right now isn't glamorous, but it sure is fun!

1 comment: