February 27

I'm writing this post from my phone because Chris is using the computer to finish a paper for grad school. In over four years of blogging, I've never before blogged from my phone.

I already wrote this whole post once (spent thirty minutes on it), but I accidentally deleted it. It was a great post. But this time, you'll get more pictures and less words. 

After we took Caleb to preschool today, the girls and I visited the Butterfly House. When I suggested the outing to Daisy, she initially refused. She wanted to go home and watch Sesame Street! (That's what she gets to do on preschool days when I need to keep her occupied whole I put Lily down for a nap.) Finally, I convinced her that the Butterfly House would be fun.

I was right. They had some new toys, like this magnet wall.

And of course, Daisy loved the puzzles.

I wore Lily in the ring sling most of the time.

At one point I took her out so she could see the butterflies on her terms. She was suspicious at first,

But soon she loved it! She kept laughing and trying to grab the butterflies. I took a video of it. Hopefully this link works; I can't figure out how to embed the video from my phone. 

Daisy insisted I take this picture. It was right after a butterfly briefly landed on her head (not on her back, as she claims in the video).

As we made our way through the conservatory, Lily kept reaching out to grab butterflies. There were so many that I was really afraid she might be successful! Luckily, she wasn't. I tried to get a picture of it, but failed miserably. 

All in all, a fun morning! However, Caleb was very upset when he heard how we spent our morning. We may have to go back tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment