February 19

Lily is seven months old today!
To celebrate, my mom came over for a visit. OK, actually, the visit was completely unrelated to Lily's seven-month birthday; Mom just needs the kids like a drug, so she stops by as often as she can.

Mom and Daisy sat down at the piano to play a bit, and when Caleb realized there wasn't room for him on the bench, he grabbed his guitar.
Smart kid! Maybe we should start a family band!

Grandma taught Daisy how to play the knuckle song, and Daisy was so interested! After a few tries, she thought she had it down.

Grandma went on to play something else, but Daisy stopped her. 
"No, Grandma!"

She insisted that Grandma take her hands off the piano,

and started playing away.

Look at that look on Mom's face. Do you think she's handled a child like this before?

Daisy was so pleased with herself!

Meanwhile, Lily sat and listened intently.

After naps, I remembered that I needed to take seven-month birthday pictures for Lily. The sun was setting, and I just sent my beloved lens off to be repaired, so I was working with my not-quite-as-great 50mm lens. Still, I got a few cute photos of my big girl.

Caleb wanted desperately to be in the pictures, but I told him I needed to get some of Lily first. Instead, I enlisted him as my "Photography Assistant". His job was to make the baby smile. 
He did it a bit too well; most of my pictures involve her smiling at him, not at my camera! In the picture above, she's waving at her brother. 
And drooling.
At the same time.
She's a talented girl.

Oh my goodness. How sweet is she? Today, my mom brought over a box of pictures from when I was a baby. Lily looks just like me!

I must admit - I was a pretty cute baby.

Goodness. I love this girl!
 
I'm so glad I thought to pull out this dress; it fit Lily perfectly! This is one of the ones that Chris' grandma, Elnora, made for his mother when she was a baby. Not only is the dress darling, but it's a priceless family heirloom and Lily rocked it.

Soon, Lily found a way to let me know that she was done taking pictures. Funny girl!

Lily's seven-month stats:

Once I knew I'd gotten a few keepers, I invited Caleb to be in a few. He brought his car friends, Moon Lightning McQueen and Moon Mater. Lily was fascinated!

Then he snuck in for a kiss.

Then I thought maybe, just maybe, I could take a few more pictures in a different pose. 
I put Lily on her belly,

and she totally wasn't having it.

Or maybe she didn't mind the pictures, she just didn't want to be on her tummy?

Caleb politely requested that I photograph his cars on my reflector.

What a sweet little helper I have.

Happy seven-month birthday, Lily!

No comments:

Post a Comment