February 25

We got a double-dose of my mom today; first, she came over to play with Daisy while Caleb was at preschool and Lily was napping, so that I could take a nap. I'm still not feeling 100% after that stomach bug over the weekend, and I was thrilled that she was willing to give me an hour to rest! (No, I'm not pregnant. Sheesh, people!) Then she came by again later to see Lily and Caleb and have quality time with me. 
I have a pretty good mom. :)

But I didn't take any pictures of that. I did, however, take pictures of Lily at lunchtime. I gave her some butternut squash and a cracker, and she was enthralled with the cracker. 
(Yes, we are 95% gluten-free over here. But our doctor mentioned a study that babies are more likely to be gluten-intolerant if they aren't exposed to gluten while they're young and still breastfeeding. We happen to have crackers right now, so Lily got a cracker!)

This is pretty much how all of my children react anytime we give them a product that contains wheat: unbridled delight.
Who am I kidding? I react the same way! I loooove wheat. It's too bad our bodies don't love wheat, too!

Girl went to town on that cracker.

Yum.

I know, Lily. I think Saltines are spectacular, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment