February 22

Well.
I was done being sick by 11:30 last night, and Lily was kind and only woke once to nurse during the night. My husband was even kinder and took care of me, then did the work of snuggling Lily back to sleep after she ate. (He may or may not have spent a minimum of three hours sleeping in the recliner in her room, with her in his lap, during the course of the night. Luckily, he swears that chair is really comfortable for sleeping.)

I'm not back to 100% yet - maybe 50% - but the plus side is that I lost six pounds in twelve hours. Maybe I can keep that off? Just a few more stomach bugs, and I'll be down to my goal weight!

Since I'm not fully functioning yet, Chris played with the kids all day while I napped and took no pictures. Then they accompanied me to the grocery store, where I pointed at items and Chris and the children placed them in the cart. It was like having my own team of servants, except that I had to corral the little ones and hold their hands and remind them to place things gently  in the cart.

So. Your one photo of the day is a cell phone picture of us at the grocery store.
This was Chris' first time wearing Lily on his back in the Ergo. I realize that she looks really uncomfortable, but she was actually leaning like that so that she could look at the lights on the ceiling. Meanwhile, Chris was Super Dad, wearing the baby and pushing the big kids in the Rocket Ship cart.

And yes, we're in the bakery section, but no, we didn't buy fresh bagels. Our store carries these gluten-free muffins, which are an occasional splurge for us on the Sunday mornings when we have to leave the house at 8 am. They're super-tasty, if a bit pricey. We can eat very few "easy" things, so these are worth it.

Oh, but this just happened:
Sorry for the crummy lighting - Photoshop is being weird - but I love this image of my three children playing together. I love that Caleb and Daisy love playing with Lily. I hate that they always want to play with her toys, though. What is it about baby toys that makes them so appealing to big kids?
But I love that my children adore each other, and I love that there is more independent play happening in my house. I think Lily may be getting to the age where I might be able to accomplish things again. Hooray for that! I have a serious list of unfinished projects to tackle...

No comments:

Post a Comment