February 7

We had a playdate with Amber and her darling children today, so the morning was kind of hectic. Add to the chaos the fact that Lily slept for TEN HOURS STRAIGHT last night, and things were really crazy. That's right - my baby slept from 9:30 last night until 7:30 this morning. I personally slept eight straight ours, which was amazing. I was hurrying around, getting things ready, when I spied Caleb doing this:
He had sorted through the newspaper and pulled out the comics, and was "reading" them while he ate his chocolate zucchini muffin.

I can't even begin to describe how sweet that was. 

Then Caleb started crying because Daisy had tried to erase his drawing. The only way to appease him was to photograph it, so here it is.
He actually drew this yesterday when I wasn't paying attention (shocking, I know), and I was so impressed when I saw it. On the right is a sea monster - Daisy tried to erase its eyes, nose, and mouth - with spikes or fur all around. On the left is its friend, which is some kind of aquatic creature as well. I was delighted to see how hard Caleb had worked to create such a detailed drawing, but I was even more delighted to hear his original story to go with the drawings!

After naps today, I set Lily on the couch while we cleaned up the front rooms.
One by one, Daisy and Caleb each came up to snuggle with her.

Lily Clare, I hope you always know how much your brother and sister love you!

Daisy, snuggling her baby sister.

Caleb, leaning in for a kiss.

Caleb may be making a goofy face, but Lily is smiling at the camera because she knows just how much she is loved!

(Side note: Caleb has already started praying that God will give him a baby brother named Yoey. Twice now, he has looked at my belly and asked me if I was growing another baby. I am not. But if Caleb has his way, there will be another, it will be a boy, and his name will be Yoey. So prepare yourselves, friends.)

1 comment:

  1. Catherine has been lobbying for another baby brother so she can name him Maximilian. We could write a cartoon after them: Max and Yoey.

    ReplyDelete