February 3

Hooray, Do-Nothing Monday!

Although technically, we did something. The kids and I were feeling frisky, so we headed up to the YMCA for a workout/play session. Apparently our house is so boring that going to the childcare area is a fun, exciting thing for them? I only exercised for half an hour, though, because I was nervous about their first time in the childcare area. Next time, I am totally taking advantage of the free coffee at the Y and having some Mommy time. And really, the exercising is optional... Perhaps I'll just head up there with a book and sit in the lobby, read, and drink coffee while my children play? 

Kidding.

Kind of.

However, it really was hard for me to leave Lily in the childcare area. It's totally not like the nursery at church - upon drop-off, I asked the worker what I should do with Lily. She replied, "Um, set her on the mat?"
Lily was in the exact same place when I returned. No one played with her or held her. But sweet Daisy was sitting next to her sister, playing, so that's something. And really, I don't want anyone touching/sharing germs with my sweet baby. The big kids got doses of Elderberry syrup and fishy oil when we got home, because ain't nobody got time for all those germs!

Caleb built this "camera" out of blocks. The cars are taking pictures of other cars.See the yellow emergency vehicle up top? He's the photographer.
I much prefer that my son is using blocks to build cameras, instead of guns.

Caleb also tied this string to a toy and was plucking it. He was delighted with his innovation, and even more so when I showed him this awesome video of a man playing an upright bass. (Seriously - watch the video. It's lovely to look at and listen to. Daisy was particularly interested in the dog, which sleeps until about halfway through the video.)

And this girl? Happy, happy, happy. I'm too tired to talk about her sleep. I'll just say that it's not good, but I think we're headed in the right direction and making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment