February 14

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a pretty low-key day, which is just how I like it. Instead of a Valentine's date, Chris took us all out to breakfast this morning. The kids were so excited! After we finished eating, Chris headed to work. Since I had all three kids dressed and in the car, I decided we should head to Target.

I was feeling frisky, so instead of wearing Lily, I let her take her first ride in the schoolbus cart. She was so excited! I think the best part was that she got to look right at Caleb and Daisy the whole time. About five minutes into the trip, I found Daisy giving Lily "high foots" (like a high-five, only with feet?). It was pretty cute. Lily only lasted halfway through the store, though; she was worn out by the time we hit home decor. Luckily, I had my ring sling with me, so all was well.

The kids each had $5 gift cards left over from Christmas (a stocking stuffer from Grandma!), so they got to buy some fun things. What did they pick?

Daisy chose a pink tiara, a pink heart wand, and a squishy, squeezy, bubbly pink bear.

Caleb chose a purple tiara, a purple star wand, and a blue squishy, squeezy, bubbly dinosaur.

 I know. But he loves it.

I also found running shoes for all of the kiddos - on clearance! Caleb and Daisy both have Converse, but Chris and I have discussed that with Caleb's love of running, some real shoes might be in order. I was pumped to find these! Caleb loves that the soles are orange because I told him that when he runs, it looks like there are flames on his feet.
Daisy just loves that she has shoes like her brother's.
And Lily? Well, her new retro red sneakers are actually boys' shoes, but they were so cute that I just didn't care. They're too big now, but they should fit if she starts walking at a reasonable age. (Unlike Caleb and Daisy, who were totally unreasonable about walking.)

The picture above is just an Instagram picture, but they were so cute all snuggled in the big chair that I got the big camera out, too.

Goodness, they're funny!

Aren't they sweet? Caleb and Daisy love Lily so much, and she loves being loved!

My goofy darlings.

More Valentine's Day-related stuff:
This was the card Caleb brought home from preschool. He and his classmates all made one; each child filled in a different reason why they loved their grown-up. Apparently, Caleb loves me because it's Valentine's Day. Not because I'm funny or kind or pretty or because I read to him or snuggle him. Just because it's Valentine's Day.
Very literal, that one.

We had a special dinner at home - some yummy beef, crab legs, asparagus, and twice baked potatoes. For dessert, I made these pretty little honey-sweetened meringues. Later, I topped each one with fresh raspberries filled with mini chocolate chips. Yum!

After dinner, Chris took the big kids swimming. Our little life isn't fancy, but it sure is happy. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment