April 5

Today was voting day, so I loaded Caleb into his stroller and we walked up to our local polling place. He was so excited when I told him he would get a special sticker for helping me vote!

We talked about how his sticker said "I voted", and he practiced saying it. Then I did a pathetic job of trying to explain how important voting is, and that people who vote are doing a good job. What did Caleb get out of our talk?

I asked him what his sticker said, and he replied, "Good job, Buddy!"

I'm wondering if more people would vote if the stickers said that instead?

Later, I made dinner while Caleb played without his pants. Sounds like a fun afternoon, right?
It got even more exciting when he climbed up on the couch all by himself. (I realize that this is an obvious skill for most toddlers, but Caleb has just recently mastered it. It makes us all really proud.)

With me in the kitchen chopping veggies, Caleb was more adventurous than normal. 
Don't worry - he still can't actually somersault. This was just his version of a headstand.

And then he tipped.

What fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ah I totally forgot it was voting day! Boo! I worked today and had a totally nasty start to my morning so there's no way I'd have made it early enough to vote anyway.

    I used to love getting those stickers going voting with my mom. =-) Fun!

    ReplyDelete