April 14

This afternoon, I was working in the kitchen when I realized that Caleb was being conspicuously quiet. I popped my head around the corner into the living room, and saw this:

He had grabbed a book, climbed up onto the couch, situated himself, and begun reading.
ALL BY HIMSELF.

I think I almost died from the sweetness of it.

And even better? He was so engrossed in his reading that he didn't even notice as I snapped a few pictures, adjusted my settings, snapped some more, adjusted again. It wasn't until I got right up in front of him that he even looked up.

And then he went right back to reading.

I love this child so much!

(Also, his shirt says, "Whatcha lookin' at?" Aside from the terrible grammar, I think it's a pretty good caption for his facial expression in that photo!)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I would feel the same way, this is just adorable! A nice calm child that loves reading. Maybe this is a good sign that he will do well in school because he is already able to focus. Well like he won't do well in school anyway, he is obv. brilliant like you guys!

    ReplyDelete