April 3

Happy Easter!

Wait... it's not Easter? Don't tell Caleb, because today we had an early Easter celebration. NewBaby is due the day after Easter, and I really wanted to make sure that Caleb didn't miss the first Easter he can actually participate in.
(Though it's much easier to explain Baby Jesus to a toddler than it is to explan Christ's death and resurrection, but whatev.)

So the sun shined and the Lord smiled and our families celebrated - what a fun day! I have approximately 8,492 more photos on my Picasa site, if you know it, but these are a few of my faves.

I know it's not age-appropriate, and I know it's a choking and strangulation hazard, but I couldn't resist putting a punching balloon in Caleb's Easter basket. It was a good call - the kid LOVED it!
Bonus? Max was completely enthralled, too. (Though I'm pretty sure Max is enthralled with everything Caleb does.)

After we ate a yummy brunch, the Grandmas hid eggs for Caleb and Ryan. I'm not sure who had more fun - the boys, or our moms!

Our growing family. Compare to the photo on the right hand side of the blog (you know, the one you see every day) that was taken Easter of last year. I think Chris is the only one who's not significantly larger!

I think this is one of the very few photos I have of Caleb with both of my parents! I also think he was distracted by a hawk, or a vulture, or a flying plastic bag in this photo. It was a REALLY windy day today!

I hope you've noticed Caleb's snazzy red shoes. Grandmother and Grandad brought a pair of Cardinals slippers for Caleb, and a pair for NewBaby. Grandad told Caleb that they were Albert Pujols' shoes, and Caleb was immediately in love.
 
Apparently Caleb wasn't satisfied with all of the goodies in his Easter basket - he raided Ryan's for these awesome glasses/faux nose/mustache. Nice.

Do you know how hard it is to take pictures of a 13-year old, a nearly 2-year old, and an 8-month old? Especially when said nearly 2-year old gets uncomfortable when the 8-month old tries to touch him?
Challenging to say the least.

Also, this photo is another reason why I'm hoping NewBaby is a girl. Can you imagine adding a 4th boy to this mix? We're talking trouble with a capital T.


Happy early Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment