April 10

Today was our last big day before Baby is due - half marathon day!

Chris headed downtown at 4:45 this morning, and Caleb and I picked up Grandma 2 hours later to go cheer him on. It was a fun, FUN morning!

The weather was perfect for us, but brutal for the runners. At 6:45, it was already 72 degrees, and by the time Chris finished, it was above 80. The heat meant that Chris' time was pretty disappointing for him, but I think he did a great job!

Our brand-new BOB was the perfect vehicle for the expedition - it had plenty of room to carry Caleb, his supplies, and two folding chairs. LOVE it! Caleb was a champ during the race, despite the fact that he slept really poorly last night. And this picture? Reminds me of this one:

Caleb had the same pinwheel at the same race last year, when I ran it! I think he understands the purpose of the pinwheel a bit better now.

 We brought plenty of snacks to keep us happy while we cheered. However, it ended up that Caleb did most of the eating and I did most of the cheering. Not a fair trade, if you ask me!

A sweet ride requires some sweet shades!

I was so lucky to have my mom with us - she entertained Caleb and rescued him from the scary grass while I cheered.

We celebrated Chris' victory with a post-race cupcake from the cupcake truck.
OK, I actually ate the cupcake.
But it said 13.1 on it, which was pretty cool.

Caleb and Chris were pretty pleased with the sign Caleb made.
(I might have helped him a little.)

Finally - a photo where Baby looks big!
Now do you believe it's coming in 2 weeks?

High five!
Great job, Chris! We're so proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. congrats CHRIS! woohoo! and carrie--you look fantastic. so FIT! cant wait for that baby!! love you guys.

    ReplyDelete