April 28

Yep - we're still waiting.

Five hours of contractions last night fizzled to nothing around three this morning. At least this time I stayed in bed and didn't call in the forces! Baby is officially three days overdue; I realized today that if it comes six days late, like Caleb did, that we will have a May baby. MAY!

After last night, I wasn't feeling so patient today. I was feeling sad and lonely and bored and frustrated. I was in such a funk that I didn't even get any pictures of Caleb today. Luckily, my mom came out this afternoon to entertain us (I'm not feeling very entertaining right now). She took this photo. If nothing else, it features Caleb, the baby in my belly, and me.

This is pretty typical of these waiting days - I sit on the couch, and Caleb plays. I think in this photo, he's asking me to lift him up on the couch so he can look out the window.

Lest you think I'm moping and grumping and terribly unhappy, here's photographic proof that I am still willing and able to smile:
(That baby's looking pretty lopsided - I think it was wiggling like crazy when Mom took this one!)

My prediction? Baby is either coming in the wee hours of the night tonight, or this weekend. I guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment