April 26

No baby.

Not even a hint of a baby.

I walked 3 miles today, uphill, pushing a stroller. Nary a contraction.

Our midwife came and assured me I would not be pregnant forever; I would not be pregnant for a year; in fact, this baby would probably come by the weekend. But the fact remains that I am still pregnant.

I'm feeling much more upbeat about this fact today than I was yesterday. Perhaps it's because I've realized that the baby will eventually come out, and it's much harder to care for a baby outside of me than inside of me. I don't know. But I slept over 9 hours last night, and I know that won't happen once the baby comes.

In related news, remember that video of Caleb listening to my belly, saying, "Buh-boom. Buh-boom. Buh-boom"? He was saying the same thing when I took this photo:

Yep. That's my child, lying on the floor, listening to...
a plate.

And making heartbeat noises.

I'm really not sure what else to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment