April 2

Hey! This is my 500th blog post! How about that?
(Actually, that's a little bit sad, isn't it? At least I'm dedicated...)

We have packed this weekend so full of stuff that I can barely move. Last night Chris took me out on a fun date (thanks to my mom, who volunteered to watch Caleb), this morning Chris did his last long run for his half-marathon training (12 miles), this afternoon we went to our first Cardinals game of the season (we lost miserably - thanks, La Russa), and tomorrow we're hosting an early Easter celebration for our families (NewBaby is due right around Easter, and I don't want to stress about Caleb missing out on celebrating Jesus!).

See what I did there? That sentence was packed as full as our weekend. Pretty clever, eh? Or just poor writing - whatever.

We had such a great time at the Cards game, though. Caleb was so excited to see Busch Stadium and Fredbird and Albert Pujols and Yadi and the Arch! You think I'm kidding, but the kid is obsessed with his Cardinals ABC book and his Hello Fredbird book and his Cardinals World Series Uno cards to the point that he really knows, recognizes, and can say those things. It's pretty cool.

The journey from our car to our seats was almost more than Caleb could handle: first he saw the Arch, then we walked under two sets of train tracks with trains driving over them, then we saw Busch Stadium, then he got a Matt Holliday bat! But when we got to our seats, I really thought Caleb might explode with excitement. He went to 4 or 5 games last season, but I guess this was the first time he was really able to understand what he was experiencing.

We waited in line to see Fredbird, and Caleb was so excited!

Once it was actually our turn to visit with Fredbird, Caleb's enthusiasm turned to timidity, but I think we all knew that would happen.

Caleb would not let that bat go!

The weather was perfect, the kiddo was perfect, and the baby in my belly didn't make me uncomfortable at all. If we had only won, it would have been a perfect game!

We're slowly checking things off our "To Do Before Baby Comes" list.
Last Cards game as a family of 3?
Done.

We're almost ready, Baby!

1 comment:

  1. WOOO HOOO for 500! and keep up the good work:)) loooove the blog.

    ReplyDelete