April 24

Our quiet little Easter involved rain, naps, and cleaning. Seriously - if mopping doesn't induce labor, what will? Not that I'm trying to induce labor; I haven't gotten to the spicy-foods, pineapple, castor-oil phase of pregnancy yet. I'm just ready.

The bright spot in our day was Easter dinner with Chris' parents. We had delicious food and lots of laughs as we watched Caleb play.

Caleb gobbled up ham and bread and cucumbers and pickles, then experienced his first meringue for dessert.
He loved it!
(He also made a really big mess, but Grandmother has learned to clean the floors after the toddler visits. Smart woman.)

Then Chris' parents got out an old game they thought Caleb might enjoy. It's called Grabbin' Grasshoppers. Ever heard of it? I hadn't. It involves plastic grasshoppers with springy metal legs and suction cups on their underbellies. You press them down until they stick, then wait for them to pop up and catch them in your net.

It was so much fun, I googled it to see if I could find one for us to have. Apparently, Grabbin' Grasshoppers was only made in 1990 and is now a collectible, selling for anywhere from $50-$90. How funny is that?
Caleb caught on pretty quickly.

Do you see the flying green blur on the left side? Thats a grasshopper.

So much fun!

Every time the grasshoppers went flying, Caleb would squeal and giggle in delight. I'm not sure there's a better sound in the world than a child's earnest laughter. Except maybe a newborn's cry... let's hope we hear that one tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. OMG that is soo adorable! He is all excited as they fly through the air. Such a cute sight to see! I am so glad he is enjoying the game. I remember that song "grabbin grasshoppers, you never know when they'll.....POP!

    ReplyDelete