March 24

I thought yesterday was bad, and then today happened. Chris woke me up at 7 when he left for work, and informed me that all three big kids were awake, and all three had crusty, goopy eyes. I got to work feeding Eli so that I could get up and tend to the big kids, but as he nursed I heard Caleb shouting. Over and over again. I thought he was playing a game with Daisy, so I ignored it, but eventually it got annoying so I called, "Caleb! Why are you shouting?"
He came running down the hall and replied, "Because I threw up!"

Whomp, whomp, whoommmmp.

So. I have one child with a cold (possibly a sinus infection), pink eye, and a stomach bug.
Another with a cold, possibly an ear infection, and pink eye.
A third with a cold and pink eye, as well as new teeth coming in every day.
And a fourth who still doesn't nurse efficiently and hasn't pooped well in a few days.

Man, oh man.

So Caleb and Daisy both stayed home from school. My mother, who is a saint, willingly came into our sick house to help entertain the kids and bolster my spirits. Just before she arrived, Caleb decided to take a nap, so Mom entertained the others and snuggled baby Eli while I tried to accomplish a few things.

Eli was so happy in Grandma's arms!

Of  course, everyone knows that Grandma belongs to Lily, so eventually Lily climbed up to claim her back. Lily probably wasn't very comfortable, but Grandma and Eli look perfectly content.

Eli slept restfully for much of the afternoon, which was a blessing.

Of course, now he's fussing in Chris' arms and ready for Mommy. So it goes.

Caleb's pink eye worsened, despite my ministrations, so I caved and called the doctor for antibiotic eye drops. As much as I hate antibiotics, we've been using them a lot around here lately. I'm ready to be done with them and be healthy again! I'm still trying to fight the girls' infections naturally, so I'm hoping a good night's sleep does wonders for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment