March 21

It feels like I spent the majority of this day nursing Eli. That's partly true, and mostly because I just literally spent two solid hours nursing him. Like, I could hear him swallowing milk and see milk dribbling out the corner of his mouth the whole time. He also pooped three times and spit up four times during those two hours. And then, after over two hours of nursing, he drank a 2 ounce bottle of expressed breastmilk. It's baffling, but he's growing. Also, during that two hours I was able to nurse him on both sides without any pain. Yes, that's normal for most people, but this time around? I am not taking that for granted. This time, it's a big deal, and I'm celebrating it. Now the child is finally asleep,  but the asleep is happening as he's wrapped in a ring sling on my chest. 

While I nursed Eli for two hours this morning, Chris took the big kids swimming at the YMCA. They had a great time. Then Eli and I went grocery shopping. At least seven different people asked me how old he was, and today I simply answered, "Seven and a half weeks." 
Before, I've always said, "Seven weeks, but he came five weeks early" to explain why he is so small and why he looks so new. But today, I decided to stop explaining my baby's size. He is a seven and a half week old baby, and that's all that matters.

We got home as the big kids were finishing their lunches, and they were all worn out from the pool. Once they were down, Chris took Eli for some quality man time while I paid bills and organized things and worked in the kitchen.

Chris sat on the couch and watched golf while Eli snoozed on his lap.

The kid was out cold.

An hour later, still sleeping. Sweet baby.

We are slowly starting to put away Eli's newborn clothes as they grow too small (length-wise, but definitely not width-wise!). Out come the 0-3 month clothes! Keep growing, little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment