March 19

Today was a MOPS day, and since it fell during spring break, Caleb and Daisy got to come. They had so much fun playing with their friends, and I had fun playing with my friends, too. I love MOPS mornings.

MOPS afternoons, however, can be challenging. As soon as we get home, it's a race to make lunch, eat lunch, read books, and take naps. Luckily, today Eli stayed asleep long enough for me to get Lily down for her nap, and then Eli and I settled in for a long nursing session while Caleb watched a TV show next to us. After that, Caleb helped me get dinner ready (he tore up bits of kale for kale chips, and was surprised by how much he enjoyed it!). 

As soon as I was done eating, I took Eli off to the diaper store to weigh him one more time. He's been going longer stretches without nursing, including six hours last night! That's made me concerned that maybe he's not gaining weight like he should, so I was anxious to check his growth.
8 pounds, 11 ounces.
Hooray!
A week ago, he was 7 pounds, 15.5 ounces, so he's gained 11.5 ounces in a week! When I saw that number, I shouted with joy! He has his two-month checkup in two weeks, and now I'm hopeful that he'll be close to 10 pounds by then. 

We got home just as the kids were ready to get into jammies, but Lily (who has a new, fully grown left molar that I somehow managed to miss until today, and another new tooth on the bottom left, bringing her tooth total up to 8) was feeling uncooperative. As Chris tried to change her diaper, she wiggled and squirmed and kicked. I decided to distract her by letting her snuggle with Eli.

She loved that. 
However, I didn't anticipate how much she would love it. Do you see the look of panic in Eli's eyes? (Don't worry, Mom, Chris was standing right there, supervising the whole thing.) Lily loves this baby fiercely, and she was holding him fiercely, too. When I tried to take him away, I thought she might squeeze him hard enough to hurt him. She loves her baby!

As the kids got their jammies on, I weighed each of them. Today is Lily's 20-month birthday, and she weighs 22 pounds. Daisy will be four in just over a month, and she weighs 32 pounds. And Caleb, who is a solid five and a half, weighed 44.2 pounds. All three big kids have gained a pound or two since I last weighed them, which is pretty exciting. I love seeing them grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment