March 9

Yesterday, Chris' mom called to see if she could come see the kiddos. My quick-thinking husband replied, "Yes! Would you like to babysit so we can go on a date?"
What a good man I have.
What a good mother-in-law I have, that she was willing to go along with it!

So right after the kids went down for naps, Chris and I headed out to go... roller skating.
We had intended to go to a new wine bar nearby, but they were closed on Sundays. So roller skating it was!

We had SO. MUCH. FUN!

Meanwhile, the children did not nap. I think they knew Grandmother and Sally were there, and didn't want to miss a moment of fun. Lily had a poopy diaper, and Caleb conned them into letting him watch Star Wars. Fun was had by all.

We got home, and we read some Bible stories.

This girl is getting so much closer to being mobile! See how that leg on the left is out straight, instead of bent? She's started wiggling while seated, and can even turn herself around! I can't wait until she's on the move!
 
Goodness, they adore their Grandmother! Look at the expression on Daisy's face, and how Caleb is sitting rightnexttoher, hoping she'll stroke his hair next. It's too sweet.

Then the kids introduced Sally and Grandmother to Zingo. They had a blast!

After Sally and Gayle left, Chris took the kids outside to play while I made dinner.

Swings!
Look at how happy they are!
I love springtime!
I love Daylight Savings Time!
I love afternoon dates with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment