March 19

Today is sweet Lily's 8-month birthday! I was planning to do her birthday photo shoot today, like I have every other month, but when she went back to sleep for a 2.5 hour nap at 8 am, I though something was up. When she woke up from her nap with a raspy, barking cough that I remembered hearing at her 1am feeding, I knew something was wrong. I've never heard any of my kids cough like that. I promptly called her pediatrician, who diagnosed her with croup over the phone. (I love being able to call and speak directly to our doctor right away. It's amazing!)

Lily ended up napping a lot today, so between tending to her and the big kids, plus getting settled back in after our trip to Texas, pictures didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow. (Update: see her 8-month photos here.)

In the meantime, here are some boring pictures of Lily lounging on my bed while I folded laundry.
She doesn't look sick, does she? So far, she's been a very happy sick baby. But then, she's always a happy baby!
And yes, there's food on her face. This looks like it was after lunch, so there is some chili around her mouth from the beans I gave her, and some blueberry on her collar. And a trickle of drool, because why not?

Oh! and some more food on her neck in the area that's hard to clean because her double chin is always there.
Goodness, she's a sweet baby!

There must have been birds chirping out the window, because she looks fascinated!

I'm really praying this is a super-mild case of croup, and that the magical combination of sleep, breastmilk, and great nutrition will help her recover quickly. In the meantime, we're skipping MOPS tomorrow because it just doesn't seem kind to risk getting everyone else sick. Too bad - this mama needs a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment