March 5

Welcome to another episode of "Poorly Lit Photos with Carrie"!

Ok, they're not all bad. But here are some poorly lit photos that aren't nearly as cute as the situation was.
 Lily had just woken up, and I brought her into the kitchen. Caleb and Daisy followed behind us, both crawling on all fours. They were pretending to be dogs. Lily was fascinated, so I set her down to interact with her brother and sister.
She was trying to pet Caleb. Daisy was woofing.

Can you tell how delighted Lily is?

Don't get distracted by Daisy's insane hair. Look at funny Lily, cracking up as Caleb barks at her. I'm not sure how I ever managed with just one child - it's so much work to entertain a baby! Caleb and Daisy make my life so much easier in that regard.

Goodness. You can see how much he loves her. And she is so happy!

Of course, crazy-haired Daisy didn't want to be left out of the pictures.
What's that on her arm? It's the bag the newspaper comes in. I have no idea what she was doing, but it made perfect sense to her.

Much later, while the big kids were napping: 
"Seriously, Mom. This is so boring. You are so boring. Where are my brother and sister?"

She resorted to gnawing on fabric. Poor baby.

But I did discover this! She can stand and play at her table now! She's still too young to pull up to standing, but if I place her there she can stay put for quite a while. What a big girl she is!

And even later, Caleb and Daisy came into Lily's room with me to get her up from her nap. I folded laundry, and we discovered Lily's new trick:
Caleb is saying a line from one of his Star Wars books, "(crazy noise) Anakin Skywalker yelled out to the dark side", and when he says "yelled", Lily yells. It was really funny. They did it over and over and over and over again, and Lily yelled about fifty percent of the time. Is it a coincidence, or is she a prodigy? We all know what I think!

Then it was time to make dinner, and I tried putting Lily in her bouncer in the kitchen. She was totally uninterested, and wasn't happy until I put her up on my back.
(I took this picture yesterday, but it looked just like this today.)
After two days in a row of wearing Lily during dinner prep, I've realized: she's curious! She wants to know what I'm doing! When I peel the paper off an onion, she wiggles and cranes her neck so that she can find the source of the sound. She loves watching me chop and dice and saute and fill water cups. And me? I love having an appreciative audience!

1 comment:

  1. You're hilarious. I love this show, "Poorly Lit Photos"! LOL that video is so funny!!! Cute and fun having her watch dinner prep :):)

    ReplyDelete