March 2

There was supposed to be a major snow and ice storm today. Church was cancelled, and we prepared to hunker down at home.
It didn't pan out.
But it ended up being an absolutely perfect day for us. We all needed a day to putter around the house, with no responsibilities and nothing to do, and that's just what we got.

I did lots of laundry today. Everything in our house is now clean - all the sheets, all the towels, all the rugs, all the clothes. No more sickness!
Lily helped me fold laundry.

OK, actually, maybe she just distracted me.
(Guess what she's looking at.)

Let's be honest: the baby didn't get in the laundry basket on her own. She totally distracted me. But we had so much fun!
(She looks so cheerful and perky - can you guess why?)

Yep. She was cheerful because Caleb came in the room. He was pretending to be a giant, and he wanted me to pretend that his footsteps sounded like thunder.

I know it's blurry, but he was so happy, and that makes my heart happy.

But back to the baby in the laundry basket. Hello, cuteness!

After all the laundry was folded, I got to work on a sewing project. As I worked, I was vaguely aware that Caleb and Daisy were playing in the room with me. Then I realized that Daisy was singing. And that she had grabbed a microphone. And when I noticed that Caleb had his guitar, I had to stop working on my project and get out the camera. 

My favorite part about this is that it was totally their idea. Part of the reason this morning was so wonderful is that it was full of collaborative, cooperative play between these two, and that they played without needing any adult intervention. They played, Lily napped, I sewed, and Chris did our taxes.
Lovely.

And later, this.
Yes, she's holding the book and grinning up at Daddy while he reads to her.
Yes, this former English teacher's heart melted on many different levels.

And then much later, this.

Chris and the big kids were out running errands, and this girl decided that afternoon naps were for fools. I needed to make dinner and she needed to be held, so up she went.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment