March 23

It was a fun and uneventful day. Church in the morning, then lunch and naps. When the kids woke up from naps, we kicked it into high gear: I went to the gym, and Chris took the kids to the library, then the pool, and we all met up at home for brinner (breakfast for dinner - it's our new Sunday night tradition).

All of that means that I didn't really get any pictures today.

But I do have this one:
I let Caleb have an afternoon snack of Apple Jacks cereal.

(I know - what?!?! We have trash like that in our house? It's a funny story. See, we bought some organic kale and greens rice poofs for Lily, and they were sweetened with apple juice. Chris and I were curious about what they tasted like, so we each tasted one. We were surprised to find that they tasted kind of like Apple Jacks! And then we were ambushed with childhood memories and memories of gorging ourselves on bowls of cereal in the college cafeteria, and we suddenly had the desire to purchase Apple Jacks. So we did. Sadly, they were not nearly as delicious as we remembered them to be. So there they sit, in our pantry, calling Caleb's name. Today, he asked to have some so politely that I couldn't refuse. And it's all because of those stupid kale rice poofs. Well, those and our impulse shopping at the grocery store.)

As he finished his cereal, he shouted, "Hey! It's a two!" 
Chris looked, and - what do you know? - it was a two. Or, a backwards two. Chris, Caleb and I all had a good laugh, and then I took a picture of it. At dinner tonight, Caleb had six grapes in a bowl and he noticed that they looked like a flower. It's fun to see his creativity blossoming!

One thing I didn't take a picture of, but wish I had, was Daisy at the pool this afternoon. My workout overlapped with Chris and the kids' swimming session by about fifteen minutes, which was long enough for me to nurse Lily and watch everyone swim for a bit. But that meant that Chris got the kids dressed and ready for the pool. He put Daisy in her little two-piece swim suit from last summer; it is a long-sleeved top and bottoms. In fact, here's a picture of her in it in August of last year:


So she wore that swimming. But they went to the library first, so Chris had Daisy put some jeggings on top of the suit and didn't think about it again.

Well, Daisy has grown in the past seven months, and the swim shirt still fits, but it's not that long anymore. After the library, they all walked into the Y and I just stared at my not-quite-three-year-old in skintight pants and a midriff-baring shirt. Girl looked like Britney Spears! I was horrified and scandalized, and poor Chris was oblivious. It was really pretty funny!

I did manage to snap this photo of sweet Lily splashing in the pool:
Isn't she sweet?
Also, this is one of very few iPhone photos I've taken that I've actually been happy with. Usually my phone camera is super-slow and the quality is terrible. I've never understood how other people get such good pictures with their phones! This one is probably just a fluke, but that's okay. I'll take a fluke.

No comments:

Post a Comment