March 24

Aside from a trip to Target this morning and a swim at the Y this evening, it feels like we didn't do anything today. And it's cold. Snowing, in fact. So I'm feeling grumpy.

But guess who wasn't grumpy today?
Miss Lily Clare.

I took these pictures of my happy baby while the big kids napped. (I hate that we're at the no-more-overlapping-naps stage now; the poor girl is bored out of her mind when she's stuck with just me!)
She's not bored when I put her in front of the window, though!

I'm pretty sure she was trying to show her doll to my camera.

What's that? Oh, just Lily's finger as she attempts to grab my camera lens. She's very curious now!

Just chewing on her baby doll's hand.

Goofy face!

Another goofy face!
(Seriously. Is this kid cracking you up? She's cracking me up. She's also about to hit the camera with her doll, so I suppose she's cracking skulls.)
 
"Who, me? Crack skulls? Never!"

She prefers to gnaw on skulls.
(Zombie baby.)

Then she threw her baby and couldn't get to it.

She reeeaaached and streeeeetched, to no avail.

She was distraught.

Then she saw the helicopter, which was just within her reach. Crisis averted.

But then she tried one last time, and managed to scoot 3 or 4 inches - just enough to grab her baby. 
Hooray! She has her baby back!

And that is one happy girl.

I kept this picture because she's actually saying "Hi" here. Really, it's more like "Ha", but her intention is clear. She says "Hi" and "Bye" and waves with both. I'm not sure if those count as first words or not, though. Perhaps we'll wait for something more interesting. She's trying hard at "cat", though usually she ends up saying, "Tah".  I'm putting my money on "cat" for her first real word.

After dinner, I got ready to go work out. I came  back to find this. Caleb and Daisy were hugging each other mightily, and Caleb kept saying, "I love my Daisy. Daisy, you're my favorite Daisy!"

Sometimes, they are so very, very sweet.
Like this morning, when I put Lily down for her nap. The whole time I nursed her, we could hear Caleb and Daisy yelling in Daisy's room. When Lily finally fell asleep, I went in ready to put the fear of God in those children for being so noisy, right next door to Lily's room. But as I entered Daisy's room, I found Caleb and Daisy snuggled up, reading "Go, Dog, Go!" together.
It was so sweet, I didn't even scold them.

No comments:

Post a Comment