March 12

We do playdates all the time, but we very rarely host playdates for more than one family at our house. Today was an exception, because an old friend was in town. I have known Amanda, Jenni, and Abbey since I was maybe ten years old? We all grew up together in a Southern Baptist church, and we have such fond memories of our youth group shenanigans. It's amazing to be able to reconnect with friends now that we're all grown up, with children of our own!

These are just three of the ten kiddos who were here today, and Amanda has two more who opted to stay at Grandma's house. I love having the chance to watch my kids interact with the children of people I've known since I was a child!

Are we a good-looking bunch, or what?
(Amanda's littlest is blurred out because he is in the foster care system, and the state doesn't allow foster parents to post pictures of foster children online.)
Lily was napping during this picture, and Caleb looks so annoyed because he felt "squished". I'm pretty sure he looks less squished than any other child in the picture!

After our friends left, the kids enjoyed some much-needed downtime. It was fun, but chaotic!

Daisy: "Look what I drawing!"

And there's my sweet Lou, sitting in the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment