March 26

Have you noticed that the blog has been a bit Lily-heavy lately? Maybe it's not noticeable to most people, but as I edit photos each night, I've found that there are a lot more of Lily than of the other kids.

It makes sense, really. Lily can't run away and hide from my camera, she doesn't pout and scream "NO!" every time I try to take a picture, and she really is pretty cute.

So what are Caleb and Daisy up to?
Yoga.

Caleb has learned a few yoga poses at preschool, and apparently Daisy has picked the skill up, too. This is her tree pose - not too shabby for a not-quite-three-year-old!

Not to be outdone, Caleb showed me his best tree pose. He's got it down!

He also asked that I take a picture of his new t-shirt. We just got it a few days ago, and he really likes it. And that's peanut butter smeared on it, in case you were wondering.

But really? This is the reason you don't see as many pictures of the kids these days: 
No, it's not that they've contracted a rare disease that causes their faces to be malformed. It may shock you, but these faces are intentional. It appears that at this stage of life, they're only capable of goofy faces, and I can only photograph so many goofy faces before my eyes start involuntarily crossing.

I asked them to show me nice faces, and this was the best they could muster.

After the big kids went down for naps, Lily and I had snack time.
She munched on some fresh bell pepper and blueberries. (She also managed to smear blueberries all over herself, but I suppose I'm not allowed to complain about that because I didn't think it was important to put a bib on her.)

Hi, messy girl! Do you like snack time?

I guess she does!
(I also guess that it looks like my children's play kitchen in the background has been ransacked. I feel kind of bad posting pictures that show such chaos, but let's be honest: it's a struggle for me to keep my real kitchen clean and organized. There's no way I can keep my kids' kitchen clean and organized, too. Or maybe it's just that the kids are following my example with their kitchen? *sigh*)

1 comment:

  1. So cute doing yoga poses! Oh my goodness the scunched-up-nose smile Lily has is just adorable!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete