March 30

I'm not sure if I even dare type it, but...
today felt like spring!
Could it be? Is it possible that spring might finally be here?

We filled our morning with church and naps, but spent the whole afternoon doing yard work and playing outside. Just after Lily woke up, Chris' mom stopped by on her way home from work. Lily was delighted to get some one-on-one time with Grandmother!
I know you can't really tell from this photo, but Lily loved swinging with Grandmother. It was too cute!

When it was time for a rest, I spread a blanket on the deck for Lily. 
I'm not sure what she liked so much, but she was giggling and grinning and it was really funny.

This girl is so ready to be on the move; she's started twisting and bending and reaching, all while keeping her  balance. She's getting pretty strong!

Look at that. She's pretty much in the splits, but lounging like it's no big deal. I wish I still bent like that!

And then - oop! - back up to seated! 
I'm so curious to see whether she ends up scooting, like Caleb and Daisy did, or crawling, like a normal baby, or something entirely other.

That smile is just for Grandmother.

And then Caleb and Daisy finally woke up after naps that lasted well over three hours. While they slept, Chris and I spread mulch, tilled the garden, raked leaves, bagged yard waste, and took a rest. But I saved one task for when the kids woke up:
planting kale.

I didn't get any photos of the actual planting because... well, because I was doing the planting with them. But once it was in the dirt, I got a few shots of them watering the seedlings. 
Caleb was so excited to plant the kale, which is why I waited. 
He dug his little hole, then carefully placed a seedling in it, then used his shovel to fill in some dirt. Then he carefully watered each little plant with the hose.

I'm not sure what Daisy was watering, but she was happy, she wasn't disturbing Caleb, and no one got wet, so I call it a win. 

I think they really just wanted to play with water, not plant the seedlings.

After this, we put up some wildlife netting. I'm hopeful that of our nine sprouts, at least two will survive the deer!

No comments:

Post a Comment