March 10

Oh, springtime! You're here!
We had a playdate with church friends this morning. It was still a little bit cool out, but we had a lot of fun!
Don't let that pout fool you. This silly girl was so happy to be swinging!

See? She loves it! (and yes, I know those glasses are ridiculous. That's half the fun!)

We got home just in time for lunch, and all three kids napped at the same time. I even got to take a little nap with the windows wide open and the sunlight streaming in! After naps, it was warm enough to really play outside.

I took off Lily's socks so she could enjoy the pleasure of sunshine on her tootsies.

Caleb and Daisy put on shorts and t-shirts (Side note: Caleb's 4T shorts from last summer barely fit. Meanwhile, Daisy - who has outgrown all of her 2T shirts and needs more 3T shirts - still fits perfectly in her 24 month shorts from last summer.) and took off running.

Do you like Daisy's yellow jellies? I found those on clearance for $3 and couldn't resist them. She loves them. LOVES them.

They both came in for a rest, and settled on their little bench. Caleb tried to put his arm around Daisy, but she yelled, "NO! I DON'T LIKE IT!" Good for you, Daisy!

That's better. 
Caleb got new sandals, too. They're totally not my style, but he saw a similar pair in a catalog and thought they were really cool. So when I found these (also on clearance!) I snatched them up. He was so happy with them!

We have a side table on the porch that has lots of pebbles embedded in its surface. Daisy stood there, pointing to stones, saying, "This one is for Mommy, and this one is for Lily, and this one is Daddy's, and this one is Caleb's!" I can't imagine what is going on in her little head when she does that, but it's one of her favorite outside games.

And what was Lily doing?

Eating grass and leaves.

No. Really. She spent quite a while pulling up handfuls of dried grass and leaves and eating them.

At first I tried to stop her, but then I remembered my cardinal rule of parenting: first take pictures, then stop the nonsense.

Besides. How bad can it be for her?
Dogs and cats eat grass to clear out their digestive system; I'm sure the girl could use a bit more roughage in her life.

And look at how happy she is with her dried leaves!

She must have actually been really hungry, because when I brought her in so that I could make dinner, she demolished her yogurt melts.

She even grabbed her sippy cup all by herself and took a few swigs! Babies learning to eat are so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment