March 13

I had a busy day today, and my mom generously offered to come over and entertain the children so that I could accomplish everything that needed to get done. Between fun with Grandma and a warm, sunny afternoon, it ended up being a fun, productive day!

Daisy napped all afternoon - she literally slept from 1 to 5 pm - but Caleb and Lily enjoyed storytime on the swing with Grandma. Mom will hate this picture, but Lily is so cute that I couldn't resist. Sorry, Mom.

Lily was sleepy, and very interested in Grandma's necklace. Aren't they sweet together?

Then, something really exciting happened. 
My new wrap arrived! 
This wrap is a birthday gift from my mom. I chose a size 6 LennyLamb Cherry Lace wrap, made of 100% cotton. At 4.6 meters long, it's a good five feet longer than my other wrap, so I can do all kinds of different carries with it. I'm hoping that all of the extra fabric will make Lily more secure on my back and distribute her weight across my body better. It won't replace the shorter wrap; it will just serve different purposes. This one will be better when I know I'll be carrying Lily for a long time, while the other one is better if I need to quickly put her up on my back for a little while. I was nervous about the colors I picked, and surprised that I seem to be gravitating more toward reds and pinks than I ever have before, but in person it is just beautiful - more red than pink, and not quite as vibrant. This is my first real wrap, specifically woven for babywearing purposes, and I am beyond excited about it! (Can you tell that from the picture? Probably not.)
Lily loved it, too!

Then I put Lily down and let her swing. She was clearly excited.

Goodness. Isn't she funny?

We kind of adore that baby.

And then my dad stopped by on his way home from work! Caleb was so excited that Grandpa was here; Dad and I were inside talking, and Caleb came in and said, "Excuse me, Grandpa. I thought you were here to play with me?"
Ha!
So Grandpa went out and played and played and played with Caleb. 

Their slide game was pretty funny: Grandpa kept trying to "grab" Caleb, but somehow Caleb always slipped right through his arms. Caleb thought it was hilarious!

1 comment: