March 27

After much debate and inner turmoil, I finally registered Caleb for kindergarten today. I feel like we're making the best decision for him, but it was still a tough thing to do!

Later, my mom came over to watch the kids so that I could visit the dentist. I returned home after the longest dental appointment ever to find three happy (manic?) children, and one exhausted grandma. So it goes - at least she gets to go home and sleep through the night!

Caleb, giving his sweet sister a kiss.
(Do you like his new shirt? Chris and I were both impressed that he chose to pair the t-shirt with the yellow, long-sleeved shirt. It looks pretty good!)

Someone loves her Grandma!

And what's Lily doing here? She's showing off what I think we can officially call her first word! Mom said that Lily definitely said "Cat" while I was gone. I clarified; Did she say "tah", meaning "cat"? Nope. Mom insisted that it was "cat".

And then Lily decided to prove she could say it:



Yep. That's my daughter, at 8 months, 1 week, saying "cat". And she knows - oh boy, does she know - what it means! I'm not entirely sure it really counts, but it's so much fun that I think I'm just going to go with it. Yay, Lily!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely think you should "go with it." One day when my granddaughter, Elizabeth, was only 4, she informed me that she could read. When I asked her to read something to me, she picked up her animal book, and pointed to the word "cat" and said "cat." So....I went with the idea that she could read. It made sense to me. :-) :-)
    I'm still enjoying reading your blog every morning.
    Shirley


    ReplyDelete