January 4

With the threat of another "Snowmageddon" looming, we celebrated my nephew Ryan's 16th birthday this evening. With my mom's help, I ended up with over 150 pictures on my camera. But since we got home late and I'm exhausted, I'm not editing any of these. So brace yourself for some dark photos!

I was 16 when Ryan was born. I'm not sure how he is now 16. It doesn't even seem possible! But he is, and we had a wonderful time celebrating him. He chose to go swimming to celebrate, and Caleb and Daisy were so excited!
It was Lily's first time swimming, and she seemed to really enjoy it. I chuckled to myself when I put my swimsuit on, because I realized that the last time I wore the top, I was giving birth to Lily. Now look at her!

Chris was just as excited about swimming as the kids were.

Happy birthday, Ryan! He's so kind to Daisy. No wonder she adores him!

She had her own personal horsey to ride.

Daisy was the first kid to get cold and have to leave the water. I was nursing Lily at the time, so Emily snuggled her.

This boy had so. much. fun!


Lily liked splashing and bouncing the best.

Cheese!

Hey, birthday boy!

When we were all exhausted from swimming, we headed back to my mom's house for pizza and ice cream cake.

Sweet Jace has almost fully recovered from his RSV, pneumonia, and partially collapsed lung. Poor baby. But what a smile!

Happy baby!

Present time! All of the little ones were eager to "help" Ryan open his gifts.

He's one stylish dude!

His gift from Aunt Deb.

Blowing out the candles!

Caleb and Daisy helped Emily cut the cake. They passed her plates as she cut.

Lily got to meet Mary, my mom's friend who has been part of the family for 25 years!

Ryan, eating the piece of cake with his name on it. I can't believe he's 16!

No comments:

Post a Comment