January 3

Caleb is 100% back to normal, so we had a playdate at the Butterfly House this morning with my friend Amber and her darling Andrew. Drew will be two in March, and Caleb loves him. LOVES him. It's really sweet to see him so excited to play with a little friend!
Amber and I tried to get Drew in this photo, but he wasn't interested. I love my kids' combination of snow boots and t-shirts; it was 19 degrees out, with a wind chill of 6, but it's always 80 degrees in the Butterfly House!

Me with my darlings. What fun!

We intended to visit the carousel, too, but it was closed for maintenance. Boo. Maybe another time.

Back at home, Caleb and Lily had snuggle time on my bed.
I love how much he loves his baby sister. It's interesting to me how much he enjoys babies and toddlers, but not so much Daisy or his peers. I'm not sure if he's intimidated by kids his own age, or that he has some control over little ones, or what. But he definitely prefers to play with people younger than him.

I got Caleb and Daisy down for naps, but Lily? She just wanted to play. Since the snow brings such lovely light into the house, I decided she could play and I'd take pictures. Win/win. 
Hi sweet girl!

She's got those toes!

There's something about babies playing with feet that I just love.

She loves them, too! 
(And ohmygoodness, can we talk about those thighs? I love her chunk! I weighed her today, and she clocked in at 15.6 pounds. I wonder if she'll hit 16 pounds by her 6-month birthday? I love having a normal-sized baby for a change!)

No comments:

Post a Comment