January 1

Happy new year!

We started our year off with a bang - or actually a splat - when Caleb got out of bed this morning and puked on the kitchen floor. He was fine for 36 hours, and just when we had a New Year brunch to attend, he showed us he was sick again. Poor kid. Luckily, it was Grandma to the rescue. My mom came over and stayed with a napping Lily and a Star Wars - watching boy while Chris, Daisy, and I celebrated with friends.

When we returned home, Mom told me, "We took lots of selfies while you were gone!"

And she wasn't kidding. This is one of my favorites:
Lily is chewing on a squeaky rubber lamb that Mom gave her for Christmas. Girl loves that thing, even if it is surprisingly similar to a doggy chew-toy...

And then Chris and I spent all afternoon being wildly productive: he worked on a paper for his graduate classes, I put away all the Christmas stuff, he entertained the children, I organized... we're a good pair!

I sat down to write this post, and noticed how cute Lily was in her cupcake jammies, and had to take a picture.
I suppose you can't actually see how darling she is, especially because Photoshop is being lame and won't save my lighting corrections. But trust  me, she's darling! And now she's ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment