January 13

It was a good thing I planned to stay home and cook all day, because as soon as Lily woke up this morning, she vomited all over the place.

Poor baby - she must be miserable. I should have suspected as much when she kept us up from 12-2 this morning, fussing and crying, and only happy when we held her. But when she went down for her morning nap, I got to work chopping, dicing, mixing, brining... I was a kitchen whirlwind. And miraculously, Caleb and Daisy were really helpful the whole time.
Daisy swiped the top of a butternut squash off my cutting board, and was delighted with herself when she thought to use it as a hat. 
"Look, Mommy! I a sqwass!"

Then I gave the kids each their own iPod to listen to. It's amazing how fascinated they are by music, headphones, and the pictures of album covers that pop up on the screens.

Cute or creepy? I can't decide. But they were happy for at least an hour with these!

After naps, it was so lovely out that we couldn't stay inside. So Caleb and Daisy rode their bikes on the sidewalk while Lily and I sat on the porch.

Here's a first for you: her first time emptying a Kleenex box!

Yes, I let her chew on the tissues. But only for this picture, I promise.

And then the sun set, it got cold, and it was time for me to continue cooking. Little miss was fussy, though, so I tried a new carry with my wrap. This is reinforced ruck tied at shoulder. I still need to work at getting a really good seat for her, but I'm getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment