June 28

The day after a swim meet, swim practice is short and fun. The kids swim for about thirty minutes, and then the coaches hand out ribbons from the meet and the kids get snacks brought by a kind parent.

Today, Caleb got brown sugar cinnamon Pop-Tarts, and 5 ribbons.
The posing was his idea. Can you tell that his two blue ribbons are hanging from each of his ears?
He earned two blue ribbons: the 6&under 100 free relay and the 6&under 25 back. (He has informed me several times, both before and after earning the blue ribbon, that back stroke is his best stroke. After the meet, he told me how he "whizzed right past the life guard" during his back stroke race.)
The two white ribbons are for third place in the boys 7&8 100 free relay (he "swam up"!) and for the 6&under 25 free.
The rainbow ribbon is a participation ribbon for swimming the 25 breast stroke; he was disqualified for missing the two-hand-touch. Next time, kiddo.
But look at how proud he is!

After practice, Caleb put on dry clothes, I slathered sunscreen on everyone, buckled up car seats, handed out snacks, and drove us to the Garden. We haven't been in quite a while, so the kids were thrilled.
We got there much later than we usually do, but it was a cool day and I brought lunch for everyone. The kids splashed, we got some free plants, and a good time was had by all.

Except that Eli had a fever. Poor baby.

We got home and everyone napped. When Eli woke up, I brought him into bed with me.
We were goofy.

Then Caleb joined us, and I had a wonderful snuggle with my two boys. I can't believe I have a nearly-seven-year-old and a one-year-old, and two more in between. I don't feel old, but then I realize that I have an upcoming second grader, and I realize I am getting older quickly!

These boys, though. They will keep me young.
Or make me old before my time. 
It could go either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment