June 7

Caleb and Daisy have VBS every morning this week, so the little ones and I are left to find ways to fill our mornings.

Today, Lily and I were both very happy because we got to spend the morning with some of our favorite people: my friend Jill and her daughters. Caleb was thoroughly peeved that he didn't get to go, but VBS was worth it.

At Jill's house, among other things, this happened:
Ha!
My kids love these Little Tykes Cozy Coupes, and would love to have one, but we have nowhere flat to play with one. Instead, they live vicariously through friends who have them. Lily had a hard time sharing this with Naomi.

In the evening, Daisy had her first ever kickboard practice! She was first technically old enough to participate two years ago, and I signed both her and Caleb up. Caleb loved it, and Daisy refused to participate. Last year I wised up, and asked Daisy if she wanted to do kickboard team.
No way.
So Caleb did it, and Daisy didn't.
This year, I asked again. This year, she was all about it.

Peek-a-boo!

My little swimmer, ready to go!
(Did you notice that Daisy and Lily have matching swimsuits? I couldn't resist, and they love it. These girls love matching each other, and they think they are really tricking people when they match. Like, Daddy can't tell which girl is which. Too funny.)

Goodness. Isn't she gorgeous? Aren't those curls lovely? My sweet girl.
(Also, I so very often see her Aunt Grace in her. Tonight was definitely one of those nights. I didn't know Grace as a child, but I imagine she was a lot like Daisy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment