June 16

Today was so simple. 
Swim team practice (with a special visit from Maggie!).
A trip to the library.
Playing in the sprinkler.
Another visit to the pool.

I love easy summer days!
I think we checked out nearly 20 books, and Caleb spent all afternoon with his nose in a book. I love that he loves reading, and that he is such a capable reader!

Daisy waited and waited for Caleb to be done reading so that he could play in the sprinkler with her. Finally, I gave her a job to do so that she would just go play - I asked her to water my plants, using the sprinkler.

She did a very nice job!

Then she tried to set up the water slide, but after her first trip down the slide, she ran in screaming. The slide was so hot it had burned her bottom. I laughed - it is hot outside - and told her to cool her cheeks in the baby pool full of water.

It wasn't until we were getting ready for kickboard practice hours later that I realized she actually had burned her bottom. Like, a giant red spot with blisters on it. Poor girl! I had no idea that was even possible!

At the end of kickboard practice, Daisy and two other confident swimmers got to practice swimming the length of the pool with their kickboards and a helper. Daisy headed off to the deep end looking confident, but by the time it was her turn I could see a wild look in her eye. She was like a cornered animal, and she was looking for escape. Luckily, she pulled herself together and did it.

Several things about this video:
1. Her goggles and erect posture make her look like a little old lady, driving a car. It is hilarious.
2. She seems to get more terrified the farther she goes. About halfway through, she started groaning in terror.
3. I love the way she clings to the wall at the end like a drowned animal!

No comments:

Post a Comment