June 8

Another day of VBS.
Today we went home after dropping the kiddos off, because I had some work to do. I'm part of a program that occasionally sends me free products from Target, in exchange for posting a review online. It's so much fun, but I never know what I'm going to get. This time, it was size 3T school uniforms.

Lily was a willing model, but for quickness, I just took crummy cell phone pics of her. Of course, I shared them online without her face, but here you get to see her in all of her silliness.
She felt so fancy in that navy jumper!

Silly in a white polo.

And sweet in a crisp white button-down. I think she felt very grown-up in this outfit! 

Eli's turn! Hi there, Handsome!

Then we picked up the kids, ate lunch, took naps... After naps, I broke out the water table and some watermelon slices.

This cracks me up. All four of our kid-sized chairs were stacked on top of each other, but Eli climbed right up them and sat down like a king on his throne. He also scavenged one of the big kids' discarded watermelon rinds, and feasted happily on it.

His little crossed feet! This baby is too sweet.

Daisy wanted to be in the picture, too.

Happy baby! Did I mention that he just got his fifth tooth? It's a top one.

I had a photo shoot at a new location in the evening, so the family joined me down there to picnic and scout spots before I met my client.

I brought some kettle corn as a special treat, and a pair of ducks waddled over to sample our food. Lily and the ducks quickly became BFF, and she ran after them calling, "Hi ducks! You want some po'corn?" I'm normally not one for feeding wild animals, but it was too cute.

Also too cute? My husbando. Picnic dinners in the park and exploring with my family make my heart so happy. They're the kind of thing Chris and I did before we had kids, and the kind of thing we haven't done very much of in the past 6 years. I'm glad to be getting back to it now that the kids are bigger.

More duck chasing.

Daisy joined in the fun.

Caleb joined, too. He is wearing a much-too-wide muscle shirt and has a coil of weed whacker line tucked into his waistband, like a tail. I have no idea why.

Tree climbing!

Gorgeous evening light.

This picture would have been fabulous, if not for that muscle shirt and Caleb's faded metallic temporary necklace tattoo. (Thanks, Mom.)

On the bridge! The kids were terrified of this suspension bridge because it bounced, and because the floor was a metal grate they could see through.

Don't worry, Mom. No one fell in the water!

And then they left with Chris, and I stayed to photograph my client - a lovely sunset maternity session. It was pretty special!

No comments:

Post a Comment