June 21

Today was Day 2 of VBS, take 2. It was another quiet day; the little two and I headed right back home after dropping Caleb and Daisy off, and we just played at home all morning.


Before we dropped the big kids off, Lily (whose imagination has been especially active lately)was playing Sophia the first. When I told her to get dressed, she asked to wear her fancy princess dress today. Then as we were getting into the van, Daisy found a shiny tiara for her to wear. By the time we got to VBS drop-off, Lily looked like a legitimate princess, and she got a lot of attention from everyone at VBS.

At home, I made myself some breakfast and dragged some toys out onto the front porch. The kids played while I ate and enjoyed a cup of coffee. Lily was so cute, though, that I got out my camera to snap a picture of her in full princess mode. 

She was not interested in being photographed.

Eli, however, climbed up onto the bench and cheesed for the camera in a way I've never seen before.
Pretty impressive, isn't it?

Then Lily noticed that Eli was posing for me, and she squeezed herself onto the bench so that she would be in the picture, too. 
From her face, you would think I was forcing Lily to be photographed against her will. In fact, the opposite was true. She chose to be in this picture, she chose to put her arm around Eli, and she chose to scowl for my camera. That girl is such a stinker!

Frowny face.

Then Eli realized his sister was being grouchy and tried to give her a hug. 
Nope. She wasn't having it.

Finally, a smile!

And sweet Eli. He's getting really tan lately!

Then Lily asked for a turn to take some pictures. I put the camera strap around her neck, showed her how to look through the viewfinder, and positioned her finger on the shutter release.

This was one of Lily's first pictures with a DSLR. I love how excited Eli is about it!

I also love Eli's sweet curls.

Then I got out the bubble machine, and the kids were so excited!

Except it stopped working. I think I need to clean it out, but that's a lot of work.

Nothing happened all afternoon except naps and photo editing. This evening was swim team and kickboard practice, and the practice following a meet always ends with ribbons being awarded.

Caleb came home with this: 
HIS FIRST BLUE RIBBON!
It was for the boys 6 and under 100 free relay, and he was so very proud!

He swam two other events last night, and got ribbons for all of them, though the rainbow ones are simply participation ribbons. I think these ribbons are the motivation that will keep him working hard at swim team, and I'm so proud of him!

1 comment: