June 4

It was a rainy Saturday, and the rain meant that my photo session and Caleb's baseball game were both cancelled. We took advantage of our unexpected free day and headed down to the Farmer's Market. Going there was on my summer bucket list, but the calendar was so full that I didn't know when it would happen. We braved the rain and made it happen today!

Now that Eli is closer to toddler than baby, I've been selling a lot of our old baby stuff that we no longer need. Before we left the house, I grabbed some of my profits, and each kid got to choose a treat to purchase at the Farmer's Market.
Daisy chose a brioche cinnamon roll.

The kids were worried about the rain (off and on light showers - no big deal) and complaining that they didn't have umbrellas, but had no problem going straight into the fountains and getting soaked in freezing cold water. Funny how that works.

To be fair, the fountain is pretty cool.

Lily sure liked it!

We tried to keep Eli dry on the sidelines.

It mostly worked. Meanwhile, Chris and I enjoyed goat cheese pancakes with elderberry syrup, and I wore earrings and had my third cup of coffee for the day. Farmer's Markets and food trucks and spontaneous adventures make me feel like myself again, and not like an overtired, grouchy, bedraggled mom of four children. This morning was a balm for my soul.
And then Lily came to me, soaking wet, teeth chattering, lips blue. It was time to go. I hadn't planned for the fountains, but luckily we had dry clothes back in the van. In the meantime, I stripped Lily's wet clothes off of her and wrapped her up on my back, where she was warm and cozy. Happy mama, happy babies.

When we got home, Chris and the kids created a new game while I made lunch.

They sat in a circle, having a discussion and throwing the ball to each other to indicate whose turn it was to talk.

I think.

All I know is that they all really enjoyed it.

Even Eli participated!

Hi, Caleb!

Hi, Daisy!

What a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment